On the Twelfth Day of Christmas I stopped to revive while travelling
If travelling over the holiday period, remember the advice “Revive and Survive”. Below are the sites for the December and January Driver Reviver sites throughout New South Wales. You should check these prior to travelling to allow you to plan your journey.
Driver Reviver December
Driver Reviver January
Here are a few other tips for safe driving throughout the holiday period:
- Make sure your vehicle is serviced and in good shape for travel.
- Ensure your passengers wear seat belts and child safety restraints are fitted correctly.
- Be flexible with your travel plans. Leave early to avoid peak traffic hours.
- Stay fresh and alert. Take plenty of breaks, get fresh air and eat healthy snacks to keep your brain alert.
- Don’t drive long distances in one sitting. Rest and revive. Fatal traffic accidents are often single vehicle crashes that occur late at night or in the early hours of the morning.
- Keep your speed down and drive to the conditions. Give yourself plenty of time and distance to react to the traffic around you.
- Pull over if you need to answer a mobile phone call.
- Choose a designated driver who will not be drinking.
Also, remember, double demerit points will be in force for the Christmas / New Year holiday period from midnight Thursday 22 December 2011 until midnight Monday 2 January 2012.Back