On the Seventh Day of Christmas...the property market was beckoning
If you are considering purchasing a property over the holiday season, here are our top 10 tips to consider prior to setting out to find your dream home.
- DO get finance approval from your lending institution before you start negotiating on a property or bid at an auction
- DO make sure that you ensure you have sufficient finance to cover additional items required to purchase a property such as stamp duty, legal’s, cost of reports moving costs and so on.
- DO your Pest, Building and Strata Inspection reports.
- DO make sure your solicitor is available during the vacation period or make sure that they are contactable.
- DO get your solicitor to review any contract for any premises you are considering buying BEFORE you sign it or BEFORE cooling off expires.
- DO NOT attend any Auction without a full loan approval.
- DO NOT bid above your maximum available funds if attending an Auction.
- DO NOT rely on word of mouth warranties on a property, from the Agent or the Vendor, make sure you undertake the necessary investigations and inspections.
- DO NOT buy on impulse, make sure you do your research and know the property and the surrounding area you are looking at buying BEFORE you start negotiations.
- DO NOT assume all service providers like removalists, local councils, utilities, banks and the like will be open or fully staffed during the holiday season – expect there to be delays.
Dooley and Associates have a team of legal staff specialising in Property Conveyancing and Residential and Commercial Leasing. Contact us to assist you with your sale, purchase or lease.Back