On the Third Day of Christmas a Little Birdie said to me - Dont get in trouble with a Tweet!
Posted on 13 December 2011
It’s that time of year again. Time to celebrate, have a good time and rejoice in the Christmas season. Given the rapid expansion of social media in the workplace there are some legal risks over the party season that we all need to be aware of.
- Standards of behavior expected in the office or at work extends to the staff Christmas party.
- Social media should be used responsibly, at all times, especially when dealing with or surrounding work related matters.
- Don’t tweet or post comments or pictures which may be upsetting, offensive or humiliating.
- Discrimination, Bullying & Harassment lawsuits are a reality as a result of offensive or damaging comments or behavior (and even material posted online) involving other individuals.
- After the Christmas party, remember that the party has finished and fellow staff may not wish to appear in party mode on the web so think twice before posting.