School Zone and Holiday Reminder
As the first NSW school holiday period of the year is about to commence, with schools officially breaking up for two weeks this Friday, 11 April 2014 here is a timely reminder about staying safe on our roads over the holiday and Easter period.
School zones are in operation up to the gazetted beginning of the holiday period regardless of when a school may close or choose to have development days for staff. This means school zones will be in operation up until 4:00pm Friday, 11 April and resuming at 8:00am Monday, 28 April 2014.
If you are planning on being out and about on NSW roads over the school holiday period, the Roads and Maritime Services list the most common offences as being:
- exceeding speed limit by not more than 10km/h – 2 points
- exceeding speed limit by 11-20km/h – 6 points
- exceeding speed limit by 21-30km/h – 8 points
- exceeding speed limit by 31-45km/h – 10 points and licence suspension
- exceeding speed limit by more than 45km/h – 12 points and licence suspension
- driver not wearing own seatbelt – 6 points
- driver with passengers not wearing seatbelt – minimum 6 points
- motorcycle rider without own helmet – 6 points
- motorcycle rider with a passenger not wearing a helmet – minimum 6 points
Stay safe, drive to the speed limits and road conditions and we wish everyone an enjoyable long weekend.
Please don't hesitate to contact Dooley & Associates Solicitors should you require any assistance with a traffic matter.