Double Demerit Points Reminder for the October Long Weekend
If you are planning on being out and about on NSW roads over the October long weekend, remember that the double demerit period begins at midnight Thursday and through until midnight Monday.
The Roads and Maritime Services list the most common offences which attract double demerit points as being:
- exceeding speed limit by not more than 10km/h – 2 points
- exceeding speed limit by 11-20km/h – 6 points
- exceeding speed limit by 21-30km/h – 8 points
- exceeding speed limit by 31-45km/h – 10 points and licence suspension
- exceeding speed limit by more than 45km/h – 12 points and licence suspension
- driver not wearing own seatbelt – 6 points
- driver with passengers not wearing seatbelt – minimum 6 points
- motorcycle rider without own helmet – 6 points
- motorcycle rider with a passenger not wearing a helmet – minimum 6 points
Stay safe, drive to the speed limits and road conditions and we wish everyone an enjoyable long weekend.
Please don't hesitate to contact Dooley & Associates Solicitors should you require any assistance with a traffic matter.Back